Monday, July 18, 2016

News » It's going to be okay.

<p class="centeredImage">
<a href="http://ift.tt/1PlHppA class="thumbnail" src="http://ift.tt/2a66qw6;
</p>

There are times when all I want is for somebody to give me a hug, hold me for a while and say, "It's going to be okay." I felt like this time it was my turn. This is the design for the August patron postcard, and it is dedicated to all those who have suffered from the violence, hatred, and anger the world over. Rather than watermark it like I've done with the others, I decided to make the digital version available to everyone. Please feel free to download and share if you or anybody else could use a comforting thought (simply right click the image and save it to your computer).

It's been an emotionally exhausting past couple months. A lot of things really suck at the moment. It feels like forever since I've seen a flag that wasn't at half-mast. I'm constantly hearing about some other attack or other tragedy on the news. And it's tempting to just say, "Oh well, signs of the times, the world is just going to get worse." At times it feels like all we can do is hunker down and endure the terribleness. But I don't think that's the right attitude to have. Things really can get better. And I don't just mean in some distant future. I don't mean in the next life or after the Second Coming, if that's what you believe (though I do believe it and look forward to it). Things can get better NOW. And I'm optimistic (some might say naïve) enough to think that they will. But to borrow a phrase, "We have to try" (Thanks, Judy Hopps).

So let's come together. Let's mourn and pray and comfort one another. But afterwards, let's get back up and do more. Let's have the hard conversations. Let's put aside our agendas and focus on what is best for everyone. And most of all, let us LOVE. Love like we never have before. Love strong enough that we are motivated to do more than just talk about it; love people (family, friends, strangers) enough to serve them, talk to them, be a companion for however long our paths may cross. Let's try to make the world a better place. If we can do that, I really do think that it's going to be okay.

If the seriousness is getting you down, don't worry. We'll be back to the antics of our fun-loving furry and feathered friends soon enough (and I have a really fun idea for the next patron postcard; don't forget to pledge on Patreon to receive a physical copy)! But in the meantime, never give up hope. Never stop giving. Never stop loving. We've a difficult journey ahead, but we'll make it together. It's going to be okay.

from Aww, Feathers! Updates http://ift.tt/2a66aNG
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment